Gardener's Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What have you had the most success with for a gardener's handsoap, oatmeal, coffee grounds or cornmeal? How much PPO would you use of either and what scent would you find most attractive for it? Florals? Citrus? I need to get some made, I promised I'd have it this spring!
TIA

I used peppermint, poppy seeds, and rosemary in mine and it's awesome!

3rd-Batch-Gardeners.jpg

Coffee grounds is all I've ever tried, but I love it so much, why mess with a good thing? I used a bit over 1 T. ppo and did use USED coffee grounds. Since the grounds do retain a bit of a scent, I used a chocolate mocha fo, but added a bit of orange eo, too.

My garden soap is made using poppy seeds and oatmeal. It's scented with orange and patchouli and it's a very popular soap. I love that it's cleaning (action of poppy seeds) and soothing (oatmeal).

This is the recpe I use for both gardener's soap and mechanics soap:

47% olive pomace
24% coconut
24% palm
5% lanolin

I use cold strong coffee for the liquid and add 1/8 cup finely ground coffee and 1 tsp pumice ppo. Lavender and rosemary are both healing EOs. Lemon and orange work well on grease.

Back