Fragrance usage limits

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saponista

Reaction score
The MSDS sheets for the fragrances I have show different usage limits for different IFRACLS (followed by a number) I assume these are different categories of product like soap, or leave on products but can't find a list anywhere of what each one relates to. Any ideas where to look? Help would be greatly appreciated thanks.

I always check the description on the supplier's website. Most of my suppliers usually list the usage rate for soap, lotion etc with the description of the FO.

The MSDS sheets for the fragrances I have show different usage limits for different IFRACLS (followed by a number) I assume these are different categories of product like soap, or leave on products but can't find a list anywhere of what each one relates to. Any ideas where to look? Help would be greatly appreciated thanks.

If the numbers are from 1 to 11, then yes they are for the different product categories. Category 9 is for liquid and bar soap, among other things.

"9 Bar Soap (Toilet Soap); Bath Gels, Foams, Mousses, Salts, Oils and Other Products Added To Bathwater; Body Washes of all types (including baby washes) and Shower Gels of all types; Conditioner (Rinse-Off); Depilatory Face Cleansers of all types (washes, gels, scrubs, etc.); Facial Tissues; Feminine Hygiene – Pads
Feminine Hygiene – Liners; Liquid Soap; Napkins; Paper Towels; Shampoos of all types (including baby shampoos); Shaving Creams of all types (stick, gels, foams, etc.); Toilet Paper; Other Aerosols (including air fresheners sprays but not including deodorant/antiperspirants, hair styling aids spray)"

If you go to Natures Garden and check an IFRA for one of their fo you will find the list. Also keep in mind IFRA suggestions are not actually required so not all FO's come with the recommendations. I usually keep fo's at 6% of my oils unless there is actually an IFRA listing that show less

Back