found a good deal on Pomice Olive oil locally

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xraygrl

Reaction score
There is a Gordons Food Service store about 30 min away from me and I was so happy to find that they carry Pomice Olive oil for $15.64/gallon. :clap:

I have seen it at my Gordons Foods. Purchased it once a few years ago. It worked fine but I prefer the Olive Oil from Costco. Just a personal preference though. I know many use the Pomace.

We don't have a Costco membership, we do have a Sams membership though. :) I priced Olive oil at Sams, and the Pomice Olive oil at GFS is cheaper by at least $5. I don't sell, I just make for family and friends so I can't see paying a higher price when Pomice works just fine for my purposes. :)

Huh... at my Sam's a 3 liter bottle of pure olive oil (not pomace, not extra virgin) is $12.88, a difference of less than half a penny per ounce. I prefer the pure OO not only for soaping, but I also use the same oil for other B&B products and for cooking (the EVOO is for finishing, not cooking). If the pomace works well for you (and no reason it shouldn't in soap) then that's a great find.

Last edited:
I would suggest checking an Italian or middle eastern market for great prices on olive oil. I live near a lot of middle eastern grocers and I can regularly get 3 liters of pomice oo for $8.99 and 3 liters of evoo for $ 12.99.

I dunno, I guess things are more expensive here in Mickey Mouse land (central FL). I will check my Sams again. I did not see the 3 liter bottles when I was there....maybe another soaper came and bought them all up the day I was there. :p No Italian or Middle Eastern markets are close....they are about an hour away.

I was mistaken, it has gone up to $13.98 bottle, but that's still worth it to me. I put in a random orlando store, http://www.samsclub.com/sams/100-pure-olive-oil-3l/prod6910176.ip so hopefully you should be able to find it there if you want to give it a try.

Thanks new12soap! I actually have 2 stores to choose from, either one is about the same distance away. Orlando and Kissimmee. Even $13.98 is better thank $15 something. :smile: I swear I did not see 3 liter bottles of Olive oil the day I went, but I am getting old and could've missed them. I won't need them for a while though...it will take me some time to get through the 2 gallons I got at GFS the other day.

You're welcome. Remember though that the 3 liters is 101 fluid ounces, so less than a gallon. It is a teensy bit more $ per ounce.

Back