For Craft's Sake mold/cutter

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrittanyJRW

Reaction score
I am getting ready to buy the hobby quick cutter and single loaf mold from For Crafts Sake. If anyone has used either one, I'd love to hear a review. :) I'm still having a hard time deciding if I should get that mold or a wooden one. All I've used until this point are silicone molds. TIA!

I've had the hobby cutter for about 7ish years, (maybe longer) now, and I love it!
I don't have a mold from FCS - but I love my wooden molds. Lining is simple, quick and effective, and the bars when isolated come to full gel (for me) ...
I dont' think you would reqret the cutter.
I know most people love their tanks, and that's fine - I've never used it or I'm sure I'd love it too, but I do love my hobby cutter made by the same people. :)

Yea, the Tank is a little out of my price range at the moment. Glad to hear you've had the hobby cutter for so long & still love it though! Thanks! I may look at some more wooden molds. I really love the ones with lids & think it would help with gel. Maybe I wouldn't have to layer in towels anymore! :D

BrittanyJRW said:
Yea, the Tank is a little out of my price range at the moment. Glad to hear you've had the hobby cutter for so long & still love it though! Thanks! I may look at some more wooden molds. I really love the ones with lids & think it would help with gel. Maybe I wouldn't have to layer in towels anymore! :D
I still put towels on to achieve full gel. But, I keep my house cool.

BrittanyJRW said:
I am getting ready to buy the hobby quick cutter and single loaf mold from For Crafts Sake. If anyone has used either one, I'd love to hear a review. :) I'm still having a hard time deciding if I should get that mold or a wooden one. All I've used until this point are silicone molds. TIA!

oooo, I've been looking at that too! (the hobby cutter) I am just so done with my crooked cut soaps.

saltydog said:
oooo, I've been looking at that too! (the hobby cutter) I am just so done with my crooked cut soaps.

That's my issue too! My cuts are SO bad... my last batch had soaps ranging from 3.8 oz to 5.2 oz!!

I ordered the Tank on 9/19 I'm still waiting for it. I can't wait to get it and cut all the soap I've been waiting on. I've heard really good things about it so I'm very excited to try it.

To be honest, after looking at the pics, and videos of people using the Tank, I really am not sure what the difference between the Tank and the hobby cutter is, other than the shape and material it's made of.
And maybe that is the biggest difference.
All I know for sure is that either of them is an investment well made. :)

Back