Folded grapfruit and lime eo - ok to use in cp soap?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carolyntn

Reaction score
I can find folded orange and lemon essential oils to put in my cp soap. But I cannot find folded grapefruit or lime. Why? Are they unsafe to use in cp soap? Has anyone used folded grapefruit or lime in their soaps?

NDA has a folded lime, I think it may be key lime. I haven't tried it but I heard that it's good.

Regular grapefruit sticks pretty well compared to most other citrus oils. I've never seen a folded one but then again, I'm still pretty new to this.

Good question. I was always under the impression that unfolded orange is either too weak or won't hold at all, so it's concentrated. I have no idea if that's true though. I haven't seen folded lemon oil, but I always use regular lemon oil without any problems so I haven't looked. Grapefruit and lime seem to do fairly well in regular concentration, particularly grapefruit. I love lime and would love to have a folded oil- can't get enough of it! I hope someone knows the answer.

I used regular (unfolded) Lime, Lemon and Tangerine EOs in cold process soap. I find the Tangerine Holds up really well, the Lemon and Lime ok. I've had a hard time with Grapefruit. After a couple of months it seems like it's virtually nonexistant. I LOVE Grapefruit so I stick to using it in scrubs instead. The five folds are often more expensive but maybe it's worth it if you are able to use significantly less. Interesting question.

Back