FO Search

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoapyQueenBee

Reaction score
I'm at it, again! :)

If anyone could point me to a nice Cucumber Melon FO, that doesn't make cp smell like candy, I'd really appreciate it.
So far, I've had very little luck, and most people requesting custom fragrances from me lately want that one, of course!

I've used the Brambleberry Cucumber Melon Cybilla FO. I wasn't thrilled with the scent oob and when the soap was first unmoulded, but after a 4 week cure I really started to like it. I think its quite true, and not too sweet. My friends like it and I need to make more - I would definitely buy it again now that I know how nice it is after curing.

I used BB Cucumber Melon as well. There is sweetness from the melon but I also think the scent is pretty true. Doesn't make me think of candy but the melon is fragrant.

Did it give any issues with A/R/D? I've had a bad run of acceleration with BB fragrances, lately..so frustrating, especially knowing their overall product quality.

Brambleberrys summer melon spritzer is awesome! Very true melon scent that sticks and isn't too overpowering or sickly sweet. Some cucumber melons end up with a gross floral note this does not. It is a dream to work with too slows trace for me. Very slight discolor but easily colored.

I had no problem with the cucumber melon cybilla - it soaped beautifully, I even had time to make an ombre/ gradient. No discoloration either.
Ignore the stearic streaks - those have also become less noticeable
attachment.php

Seawolfe, that looks like a lovely, fresh soap - wish I could smell it! :)

Thank you for the suggestions, everyone. I'm going to get a small sample from both places, and see which one tests better for me!

Back