Floral FO for someone who doesn’t like florals

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Audrey Chung
I had my 25 year old step daughter up from Wellington yesterday and I asked her what flavour soaps she liked. She said fruity. I said she could choose a couple to take home. She chose lime and coconut (which smells mostly of coconut) and black raspberry and vanilla.
Lol I’m the same way. I really like fruity scents. I think my first soap was actually black raspberry vanilla scented :D I haven’t tried lime and coconut yet though... sounds pretty good

Last edited:
Can't abide lavender. Can't believe anyone does. Surely we can't be smelling the same thing they do (like jasmine and the whole skunk/coffee thing).
I have bought three different lavender essential oils, the 40/42, bulgarian, and population. The last two smelled very similar and the first time I smelled them I disliked them. I did not understand the good reviews, smelled more herbal than floral. However, I like the 40/42 which is more of a sweet floral. I dislike jasmine and most strong florals though. I should say that over time, the bulgarian lavender started to grow on me, so I tolerate it but would not use it in soap.

Fairy Garden by Nurture Soap
“Fruity top notes are complimented by middle notes of wisteria and lilac”
It is very youthful it smells like a pixie stick out of the bottle but it cures to a very nice tart/sweet floral. I love it.

Latest posts

Back