Flirtatious Dads and bad moms

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

I couldn't resist, another work related rant :lol:

It corresponds with why I was inspired to make my worst soap ever, heck I've been in a crappy funk for 2 days...as I've had to put almost 10 kids out of my facilities...

without being specific...flirtatious dads...make me sick...in daycare most times I have to hire young women and even one of my 30ish workers is "cute"...so dads, making comments to my workers is common and annoying.

over the years I've had to take a wide range of stances on this issue. One dad who had been with us for nearly 5 years hit on everyone...but he was such a lite hearted funny guy, dedicated to his family, I only had issue with him once, and I was able to talk to his wife about that time.

but we have this one guy who hit the major creepo factor...and I ended his childcare this week...it was unbearable to the point I felt we needed round the clock security because of him.

and BAD moms! haven't had a real bad one in a long time, and this one wasn't too bad at all long as I didn't know her true views...but this week one of my workers was hurt almost to the point of needing to see a doctor, and this mom's child "did it"....willfully from all accounts...mom's response...."oh well"...

well I allow my workers to determine whose children they are comforatble caring for...and everyone is refusing further care to this family...so...out the door...

and did I tell you about a kid out for a week who gets in my car yesterday annoucing it was due to "swine flu" when the mom said the child was visiting his dad out of state...and I have diarreha this morning...

:evil: :evil: :evil: :x :cry:

Oh boy, calling in security is pretty serious. But, better safe than sorry.
Kids don't lie, it's too bad the parents do.

Hope that you just ate something that disagreed with your tummy. :(

Feel better,

Jude

well update, the kid who said claimed swine flu was exagerating. I talked to both mom and grandma. I specifically asked they not punish the child for saying this because the child is truly a sweet kid, who just likes to talk...constantly :lol:

and Ms Bad mom....ohhh ohhh oh, I gave her the letter today her children were "dismissed"...a male relative spoke with me and said the mom and several girlfr's were planning to "attack" my worker who was hurt by the child.

Long complicated story, but against my employee policy, this employee, trying to be "nice" offered to take the children of "bad mom" to her own child's birthday party today. I do NOT encourage my staff to become freindly outside the daycare with parents but it happens.

The child had attempted to slash my worker accross the face with a sharp toy and the worker ducking the projectile fell. The child then flipped the script by saying my worker hit her in the head with a book. The male relative said that the "bad mom" and her relatives were planning to "confront" my worker when she innocently was planning to show up at "bad mom's" house and take the child to the birthday party. They are all from the same neighborhood.

My worker wisely decided NOT to call "bad mom" today.

Wow!! :shock:

Hope that there is less drama in your life next week!

And Artisan Soaps, boy were you right!! :lol:

Jude

if one of your workers was attacked or threatened by someone then the police need to be called. if it was done willfully by a child over the age of 4 then there STILL needs to be intervention. if the child is somehow disabled it still has to be gone at head-on. this should not be something to be considered - it's something that has to be done.

even if it happened outside of the workplace you have a responsibility. as does the person attacked.

if it's your business then you have legal responsibility to your workers. besides that it's unconscionable to NOT call the police, it's a huge liability on your part.

carebear said:
if one of your workers was attacked or threatened by someone then the police need to be called. if it was done willfully by a child over the age of 4 then there STILL needs to be intervention. if the child is somehow disabled it still has to be gone at head-on. this should not be something to be considered - it's something that has to be done.

even if it happened outside of the workplace you have a responsibility. as does the person attacked.

if it's your business then you have legal responsibility to your workers. besides that it's unconscionable to NOT call the police, it's a huge liability on your part.

carebear your welcome to come work for me any day and implement your ideals :wink:

Seriously, Philly - everytime I read about how terrible your neighborhood is I'm reminded of Sam Kineson.

You remember him? The comedian back in the 80's who screamed alot? He was saying something about the conditions in Ethiopia and the world effort to bring food/comfort/aid to everyone suffering. His response earned him tons of heat - Don't send food, water, medicine. Send them U Hauls!

I know you're thinking about leaving the area. You asked about buying a house in the DelMarVa area. Why don't you just get out? How safe can you feel living in those conditions? Life's too short.

Deda said:
Seriously, Philly - everytime I read about how terrible your neighborhood is I'm reminded of Sam Kineson.

You remember him? The comedian back in the 80's who screamed alot? He was saying something about the conditions in Ethiopia and the world effort to bring food/comfort/aid to everyone suffering. His response earned him tons of heat - Don't send food, water, medicine. Send them U Hauls!

I know you're thinking about leaving the area. You asked about buying a house in the DelMarVa area. Why don't you just get out? How safe can you feel living in those conditions? Life's too short.

Yes I remember Sam Kineson :lol: ...I'm sorta "out" already, as I actually live in a slightly "better" area...but believe it or not, I'm most at home in Kensington. I also want to maintain the properties I own in the area so that I don't become a contributor to the decay in the area.

I also come here to this forum so I can leave Philly behind mentally :lol:

Me an my boyfr are headed to the delmarva area very very soon :wink:

Back