Fishy Melt and Pour

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ourwolfden

Reaction score
I love this idea, I'm not quite happy with the result. The soap is melt and pour with just a little bit of blue color (maybe a dash too much). There are four little plastic fishes floating in the soap. It is scented with WP Peach Zinfandel.

DSC_0072.jpg

DSC_0073.jpg

DSC_0075.jpg

Last edited:
this would make a nice birthday party favor for lil boys. why are you not happy? i think they're super cute. yep, you can have the blue reduced just a tiny tiny bit, but it's nothing major.

I would have been happy with the fish a little higher in the soap. I kept having to stick a chopstick in them to get them to stay upright.

Thanks for the kind words.

Naw they look cute. They're just playing in the deep end. I tried making them when I first did M & P and the little suckers went swimming on me. Sprayed Isopropyl alcohol to the point I started to see sushi. I like how yours turned out.

could you do something like pour a layer of soap, let it harden, pour more soap and add the fishies but not too thick so you can keep them upright, then top it off after thats hardened?

could you do something like pour a layer of soap, let it harden, pour more soap and add the fishies but not too thick so you can keep them upright, then top it off after thats hardened?

Yes, I think that is what you would have to do. Let a first layer harden. Let a second layer almost harden so you could press the little plastic fish into it and they would stay where you put them, and then once that was hardened top it all off. My patience might need a little bit of work.

Thanks for the kind words everyone!

I can't see the photos on my computer but when I've made fish in a bag I inserted extra fine wire into the fish and was able to anchor them in the mp base and once set enough just pulled the wires out. Couldn't even see where the wire was.

I can't see the photos on my computer but when I've made fish in a bag I inserted extra fine wire into the fish and was able to anchor them in the mp base and once set enough just pulled the wires out. Couldn't even see where the wire was.

Great idea, thanks!

I distinctly remember the fish hanging out at the bottom of the bags as a child....and trying to "pet" them through the plastic....because when else could you touch a fish witout getting your hands wet or stinky? lol Thank goodness we adopted dogs when I was about 7!

Were do you get the embedds from I tried here in England and the are hard to find please help

Latest posts

Back