First Time Using Charcoal!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That looks really cool. I've always wanted to charcoal, but I do MP and just doesn't have the same visual appeal.

I can't wait to cut this one and see how it looks inside! It was the column swirl method. Do you know how hard it was to NOT get out a skewer and actually swirl that?! Heh, extremely!

Haha! Me neither! I'm trying to be patient and not cut too early this time. I'll cut them tomorrow when I get up!

You are so disciplined!! I'm sure I would have taken a swipe and then cursed myself. How big is the mold? Can't wait to see the cut pictures. IT looks like you're going to have excellent definition and the black and white combo is so classic and classy.

Well, I still pulled it out of the freezer too soon, *rawr*! Partial gel :evil:

But it still looks neat. The black is more of a dark gray/light black. Might up the charcoal next time. But, I really like it!

Oh, and the mold is uh...I don't remember. This batch was 26oz of oils with a little room to spare at the top.

Those came out fantastic!!! I absolutely love them and I love the differences between the bars, each one looks so different from the others. That is a great batch of soap.

Thanks everyone!

I love my zebra soap!! I wonder what kind of scent would go with zebras? :p

I don't think I've made the same batch twice in the year and a half I've been soaping, but I definitely think the zebras are here to stay.

AWESOME! I love the chunky stripes. I would make it a masculine scent. Unless you want something sweet, in which I would go with something that smells like licorice...anise?

I was thinking masculine as well. I've never smelled anise, but I know a lot of soapers use it, so it might be worth getting a small bottle and testing it out.

Latest posts

Back