First soap recipe, what do you think?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don’t wear goggles either. I have large frame glasses and feel comfortable wearing them. Making soap for 8 years. Please Don ’t tell someone to find another hobby. I can’t wear goggles. It distorts my vision and makes it harder to see therefore more apt to make a mistake. I don’t always wear gloves either. Usually yes. For beginners it’s highly recommended.
Same here, I wear glasses, no goggles, no long sleeves and open shoes. I want to be able to remove everything as quick as possible in case of a spill or splash.

Speaking of safety, I strongly suggest mixing lye solution in the sink in case a problem arises, such as a melted plastic container. Also the more you carry lye solution around the more chance of an accident. The fumes only last for a few seconds so you can turn your head or wear a mask

57F8EB9B-D598-474F-91C1-F454D1CF01A4.jpeg
Hi everyone I have been reading all you're really informative comments and have come up with this recipe and wondered what people think any advice would be extremely welcome hoping to mix tomorrow xx

The only thing i will pull out of that recipe is the % of rice bran this is because i guenuinely dont know if this is right iv been sticking to 10% tpps after i read something on here i think irish lass wrote although it was about 10 year ago she said she didnt like going higher than 10% because of the high levels of something(?) in rice bran oil. And its potential to cause dos further down the line this is all i could find with regards to the percentages for rice bran oil so ill be reading up on any replies

@Chris_S it's just a personal choice, some like some oils and others something else. I suggest trying different things until you find what YOU like in your soap. It takes time and a lot of small batches and testing it is all. There's no right or wrong in most cases.

Latest posts

Back