First Soap Making Attempt

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 36129 View attachment 36130 Thursday I made my first cold process soap! It’s not the prettiest but I’m super proud of it! I know this sounds silly but I was so tickled to clean up the mess on Saturday to find out it suds!!! I actually made soap. Who’da thunk it!! This forum is awesome btw, I’m thrilled to be a part of it!
Wow! Those are so pretty! I like the tops how you did that. I was practicing with my tops today and used a spoon to make waves (found a video on youtube) . The pink you have is really nice! I don't even like pink, but I also made pink today haha :-D

You must have a natural talent for soapmaking! I don't, and my first soaps were as disastrous as you possibly can imagine. Perhaps even worse. I actually managed once to get the lye water to turn into a solid jelly. Can you imagine! I added "vegan silk" in form of potato starch to the lye water (I had no real silk). Who came up with such stupid ideas?! I have also made lye-heavy soap. Had the soap seize so bad I could hardly push it in the mold. I have burned soap too while making hot process on the stovetop. I made milk soap that stinked so bad I had to carry the soap outside, for never to enter the house again. I have been "clever" and made a biiiig batch instead of a small or normal batch, so that I had soap for a long time. Well, it had to be thrown in the garbage. Yes, the list of failures goes on.

So you have a talent, that's for sure, with such a success on your first try. Keep on soapmaking! You have made some absolutely beautiful soaps! :)

Latest posts

Back