First Soap Making Attempt

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jasmyne

Reaction score
A9FE20C9-544A-40C4-A9A6-E2186A773F63.jpeg 8E5C40D4-509F-48E0-9E7F-27CD00B9E799.jpeg Thursday I made my first cold process soap! It’s not the prettiest but I’m super proud of it! I know this sounds silly but I was so tickled to clean up the mess on Saturday to find out it suds!!! I actually made soap. Who’da thunk it!! This forum is awesome btw, I’m thrilled to be a part of it!

absolutely gorgeous soaps - i love the pink and white, it reminds me of a bag of marshmallows! it probably needs to cure for a while still but looks like a perfectlly festive soap to make in the valentine's season :)

View attachment 36129 View attachment 36130 Thursday I made my first cold process soap! It’s not the prettiest but I’m super proud of it! I know this sounds silly but I was so tickled to clean up the mess on Saturday to find out it suds!!! I actually made soap. Who’da thunk it!! This forum is awesome btw, I’m thrilled to be a part of it!

They're beautiful! You should be Very proud! I know what you mean about cleaning up and finding the scraps lathered, lol! Got to be one of the happiest moments with that first batch! :) Congrats!

Thanks so much!! Glycerin rivers a’plenty but I’m still giddy!!

I haven't gotten any glycerin rivers yet, but kinda dying for them because they're so pretty!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Such a cute soap - what did you scent it with?

Thank you!! It’s grapefruit jasmine! It smells really good! The color turned out more rosy pink than grapefruit but I’ll keep at it!!

Everyone's first soap making attempts have been awesome lately, yours is no exception :)

Mine was quite cringe worthy lol

Love the hair, btw ;)

Thank you for both compliments! Your family is beautiful!!

Last edited by a moderator:
love the colors and the scent sounds wonderful. great job on the first soap--cant wait to see your next one. you'll like it here

I’ll shamelessly admit that I’ve already made my second soap and I’m working on my third! I see this getting out of hand quickly! It’s just soo addictive...

Back