First Soap - Lemony Success!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dragonblossom

Reaction score
Here are a few pictures of my very first batch of soap. They have a nice shiny top and a creamy center. The batch I made turned out 10 1 inch bars of soap. I even zap tested them and they passed! Now to set them up for the cure. *sigh* So hard to wait 4-6 weeks to try a bar out! ^_^

The loaf before cutting:

IMG_20130827_125310_977_zpsd1a2bc51.jpg

The whole ten bars:

IMG_20130827_130241_061_zpsee96ce08.jpg

A close-up of one of the bars:

IMG_20130827_130331_648_zps9e5e9e51.jpg

I'm very happy with the turn out. I'm hooked! :p

Last edited:
That is really beautiful soap! Congrats on your first, and very successful, batch!

I have a little neighbor boy who is obsessed with having me make lemon soap. Have been mulling how to do, will probably try mixing Brazilian yellow clay and yellow Pop mica for the color. Anyone have a favorite lemony FO to suggest? I don't think 5x lemon EO would be that appealing to a kiddo :)

I was pleasantly surprised by the color. All I used was lemongrass and cedarwood EO's. The oils used were coconut oil, olive oil and safflower oil. The scent has softened some, it was pretty powerful at first. So, Paillo you may be able to use use an ounce of lemongrass EO and get the same effect. ^_^

Yellow is my favorite color. This color in soap is gorgeous! What a great first soap (or 100th!)

Paillo- what about Day-star's Paradise with added lemon eo or a lemon FO?

Back