First soap ever!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Norden

Reaction score
First time making soap. We did eucalyptus EO with lard and coconut oil CP. Took eucalyptus leaves and blended them up and added them. Can't wait until they cure :) I got 15 bars out of my mix.

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1392657116.737866.jpgImageUploadedBySoap Making1392657203.403347.jpgImageUploadedBySoap Making1392657274.003676.jpg

congrats! looking good.. i bet they smell delicious!

That looks awesome for your first soap! Very creamy looking! I think you will be glad you put your eucalyptus leaves in your blender first. I crush and blend mine otherwise they make the soap real scratchy. The soaps look great. Here's a tip if you want to get rid of the 'ridge' on the sides of your soap use a potato peeler. Works like a charm and bevels the edges nice.

Thank you so much :)
When I use the peeler do I have to wait until it hardens up a bit? Cause it's very soft right now. It's smells strong, do you think I used too much EO?

Recipe is from online
60 oz lard
6 oz coconut oil
16 oz water
8.9 oz lye
1.5 oz eucalyptus EO

Thank you so much :)
When I use the peeler do I have to wait until it hardens up a bit? Cause it's very soft right now. It's smells strong, do you think I used too much EO?

Recipe is from online
60 oz lard
6 oz coconut oil
16 oz water
8.9 oz lye
1.5 oz eucalyptus EO

I use as much at .5oz PPO so you didn't use too much EO. It's just that some like eucalyptus are stronger than others and can be used in smaller amounts. But don't be too quick to judge it just yet. Some scents mellow out with a good cure.

I use as much at .5oz PPO so you didn't use too much EO. It's just that some like eucalyptus are stronger than others and can be used in smaller amounts. But don't be too quick to judge it just yet. Some scents mellow out with a good cure.

Ok great, I was worried it would be way too strong. Thank you :)

Forgot to add you can bevel your soap with the potatoe peeler when its still soft like playdoe (sp?). If its too soft you know as it will be a very sticky, messy, affair. If uncertain, wait a few days, then try it.

Congrats on your 1st batch.
They look great.
I'm laughing (in a good way) about your first mold :)

Latest posts

Back