First Show Today!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

omasfavorite

Reaction score
I just joined this forum in mid March, but I've studied just about every aspect of it!

Today, I had my very first public showing!!!! I was scared to death, but with some tips and pointers I picked up from SMF, I felt like a pro.

I signed up for a Propay account, on the off-chance that I'd need to accept cards (and I used it 4 times!!!)

I had read about someone considering doing a 'cut to the order' setup in a shop, and I used that for my show! It was a HIT! I took 2 loaves, with 2 different fragrances - and sold all but 2 bars worth!!!

We wrapped each 'cut to order' bar along with instructions to let the soap air dry for a few days before use!

I was so excited, that I forgot to take pictures. My son, aka The Soap To Order Guy, snapped one or two.

I stood for the most part. I'd read somewhere (maybe here), that if you're sitting as folks walk by, they may think you're bored.

The weather was perfect. I was hoping for $100 after Show Fee, but I ended up making well over $200! I was shocked!

I learned from other vendors when the next few shows were coming up, too! It felt like we were part of a handmade craft family!

I just HAD to share my experience with all of my SMF friends!!

Thanks so much for all the priceless info shared on here!

With 7 years of soaping under your belt I'll bet your stuff is magnificent! Congrats.

Great!

I stood for the most part. I'd read somewhere (maybe here), that if you're sitting as folks walk by, they may think you're bored.

The trick is to bring a stool so you can sit but are at a standing height.

Wonderful! I'm sure your soap's amazing!

Congrats on a fantastic day!

:D Congratulations!!!

I'm very happy for you. Thanks for sharing. I have my first show coming up in a little over a month and am very nervous. I still have to go through the jurying process, which is new to me as well.

Keep up the good work.

Tabitha said:
Great!

The trick is to bring a stool so you can sit but are at a standing height.

That is what I have. I got a folding stool so it takes little room and puts me up at a nice height.

Bruce

Back