First order of cocoa butter

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldragbagger

Reaction score
I am really new to soapmaking and today when I got home from work I had my first order of cocoa butter waiting for me. When I opened the box and the smell hit me, it was such a beautiful thing, I didn't know what I wanted to do most, eat it or make soap. I chose to make soap and so far it looks like a successful batch. When I took a peek just a few minutes ago (couldn't resist) it appeared to be gelling beautifully.
I can see how this could very easily turn into an obsession. :)

:D I love cocoa butter! I have not used it much in soaps, but the soaps that I have, I have LOVED!!! Very much an addiction!

Oh yeah cocoa butter scent is divine . I grated about 10 lbs of it , I was in heaven doing it.

Kitn

I love the yummy smell of natural cocoa butter! I really like it in soap too.

You'll love the cocoa butter in your soap (and various other products....oh yeah....it doesn't end with soap, honey :wink: ). We like pictures so be sure to post all your creations!

The first time I picked up cocoa butter.. I thought it looked n smlled just like white chocolate and I wanted to bite right in...

There was a caloric info chart on the back of the package.. and I was so suprised to see that the small 200g chunk of butter I was holding had over 900 calories!!! And something like 58 grams of fat!!

All I can say is thank god i'm not eating my soap ha ha

Cocoa Butter

where is the best place to buy cocoa butter and shae butter?

where I buy mine

I got my shea butter from http://www.sheabutterhut.com they have a good deal right now, buy 2 pounds, get one free. It turns out being cheaper that way than buying in bulk from other places. The cocoa butter I got from http://www.camdengrey.com/ where I get most of my oils and fragrances. So far so good from them, and unless someone knows of a better place their prices seem very good. The fragrances have all been nice (especially the almond, lemongrass and cedarwood essential oils) and the oils seem to be high quality. It took them a little long on my last shipment, over a week to ship, but it was worth it.
Thanks for all your comments. This seems to be a very nice group on this board.

Latest posts

Back