First Farmers Market day of the summer

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DawninWA

Reaction score
20180602_080925.jpg

My display isn't huge, but it's a very small market. I did well, sold more than I sold most weeks last year. Last year, I had a set price, $4 per bar. This year, the bars are bigger and have better packaging, so they're $5 or 5 for $20. I started pricing like that during the holiday bazaars, and it was magic. If people wanted one or 2, they'd get them, but as soon as they have 3 in their hand, they're like, might as well get 5 then.

Eucalyptus and Mint was the clear favorite today, the bars are so pretty and it's a nice smell.

I had some "competition" today, with another vendor with soap and body care stuff. But then I looked at her soap. First, she followed me around telling me about how it's all 100 percent natural and shoving scented wax in my face "here, smell this", second, it was all melt and pour with scents like "apple strudel essential oil". So I'm not concerned :).

It was fun. Many returning vendors. Saw some old customers, people remembered my awesome heirloom tomatoes from last year, and wanted to know when they'd be back. Not until July, unfortunately.

That is the first time I've ever liked those little nylon (?) bags! Awesome packaging! Fresh and clean!

Apple strudel essential oil. I suspect she knew you were no fool - and tried to get you buy into her nonsense before you outed her!

Thank you! I bought the little bags to make lavender sachets, and when they arrived I realized they were the same size as my soaps, so I thought I'd try them.

Now I'm kicking myself. I was in a thrift store yesterday and saw a small shelf unit that would have been perfect for a sale table. I didn't buy it.

I love your set up. Clean and easy to see what's available.

I found that shelf at a thrift store. I didn't know how much it was, but I didn't care that much, because it was perfect (and this store doesn't overcharge) . I brought it up to the front and they gave it to me for $1. Some orange paint and it was done.

Love your display, neat and orderly, not over crowded. Good signage, business cards, nice packaging. I'd shop there!

I used the bed/table risers also...except mine were dixie cup ones I found on clearance LOL. My tablecloths were long enough to cover them...

I use tables with telescoping legs, so I can put 4 tables across the front of my 10x10 canopy using 2 levels

What tables do you have ? Are they 4' long ?
I am still trying to figure out how I want to set up.
have tent, need tables, I just have not bought them yet

Back