Finished soap ready to sell

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Without chemical assessment, is there a way to me to determine, for instance, just how much glycerine is in a bar, and where it should appear on an ingredient list? Maybe there is but I don't know, so I default to just putting down everything I know I used.
This article on @DeeAnna's website explains how to calculate the amount of glycerin created from making bar soap and liquid soap.

Ah, thank you @AliOop — how cool I, should have known a formula would be on Soapy Stuff! However, my old-lady laziness kicks in and thinks why another calculation when I can just make a list of what was used in my recipe.... but kudos to those who go that extra mile to avoid using the terms "lye" or "NaOH" or "sodium hydroxide." Since I don't often sell and this isn't what I do for my primary living, I'm not impelled to wriggle around that way, but understand totally that some customers will drive makers to extra effort — or to drink! 🤣

Latest posts

Back