Filter Dissolved Shampoo

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harpreet_singh

Reaction score
Hello Everyone

I am trying to filter shampoo from water but unable to do so completely.
Tried with charcoal, akum and reverse osmosis system still it doesn't work.
It does filter the foam of shampoo to extent but bubliness texture is not going fromm water.
Need help working on a project, is there any chemical which can seprate shampoo from water in 1 hours

Thanks

You have to be more specific. Everyday people say "soap" when they are talking about any kind of cleanser, but if you want to communicate effectively when talking about chemistry, you must be more precise.

So what kind of detergents are in the water? Actual lye-based soap or synthetic detergents?

If soap, what kind of soap?

If synthetic detergents, what kinds?

You have to be more specific. Everyday people say "soap" when they are talking about any kind of cleanser, but if you want to communicate effectively when talking about chemistry, you must be more precise.

So what kind of detergents are in the water? Actual lye-based soap or synthetic detergents?

If soap, what kind of soap?

If synthetic detergents, what kinds?
So it's synthetic detergent used for car cleaning similar to hair cleansing product
Mostly it contains sodium laurly sulphate , Coxamidoproply betaine , Decyl Glucoside and laurly Glucoside, Ammonium Laurly Sulfate

In general term it's just a hair cleansing product refered as shampoo instead of soap
Appreciate you for asking
Would wait for the revert if someone can help

So it's synthetic detergent ... sodium laurly sulphate , Coxamidoproply betaine , Decyl Glucoside and laurly Glucoside, Ammonium Laurly Sulfate....

Yep, that's not an actual lye-based soap product. If it was, I'd have some suggestions, but since this is a syndet blend, I don't have any recommendations.

Can you tell us why you want to separate the water from the shampoo product?

If you are trying to end up with a solid shampoo bar, I think you will find it much easier to start from scratch with a syndet shampoo bar recipe. You can find quite a few of them for free on the Humblebee & Me website, or you can purchase a recipe such as this one, which is a favorite with many of the folks on this forum.

Hello Everyone

I am trying to filter shampoo from water but unable to do so completely.
Tried with charcoal, akum and reverse osmosis system still it doesn't work.
It does filter the foam of shampoo to extent but bubliness texture is not going fromm water.
Need help working on a project, is there any chemical which can seprate shampoo from water in 1 hours

Thanks
The easiest method would be to evaporate the water from the ingredients. The harder method is finding other ingredients that will bind to the sulfates and then filtering out the precipitant. That’s a lot of chemistry that my brain isn’t ready to even think about.

Back