Few questions about soap ... combinations

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alexandra

Reaction score
I have a few questions.... couldnt find the answer nowhere.... so I assume that these are "common things" for exprienced soapmakers... but I am still at the very beggining, so please, dont laugh :oops: (and please, dont laugh for my English too :roll: )

1. Can we combine pieces of CP made soap with HP made soaps.... For
instance, can we put some other colour made CP soap in the mold and than pour the just cooked HP above?

2. Can we combine HP soap (previosly made) with warm HP soap (the same question as above)?

3. Can we put glicerin soap (transparent, made with alchocol) as embeded in mold with fresh CP or HP soap?

4. Do we need rubbing alchochol between layers of CP or HP made soaps (or on embeded pieces in mold)... or this is used only for M&P soaps?

5. When making my first HP soap i discovered that I actually could "sculpt" it.... I mean, it was still warm, progresively cooling but it behaved in hands like a clay.... I "sculpted" few harts, just to try what happens, but I was not sure if such treatment of new soap has influence on its quality....

Thanks for reading it :D

Back