festival or craft show

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigmoose

Reaction score
So far I have done nothing but craft shows. I have a craft show book and by what it says 8,000 was the biggest expected crowd. That show was this past weekend. On the 4th in 2 weeks I will be at a festival and they say 50,000 are expected. Yet the table fee is only 1/2 of my last show. What should I expect at this festival to be different?

Bruce

It's difficult to say without more information about the festival. I do have to say that, generally I do better at craft fairs, simply because people are all there for crafts. Some festivals have a reputation for having crafts, some are more about music and beer, etc, so it can depend. Even with information about the event, it can be difficult to predict. That's one of my frustrations about this business. From one year to another I have had completely different experiences at the same event. :shock:

not sure which event your referring too, but i want you to know that there is a book writer that has told me he did the cherry festival and he said that it was his best one day show ever.... he sold 130 books.

The festival I am referring to is Grandville's 4th of July festival. No beer. I have been to this a few times. It is always packed. I know the food vendors always do well. Rszuba I see you are in MI, if you are anywhere near Grandville stop by and say HI!

Bruce

People always buy food. The food vendors do well even when no one else does.

I usually scope a show out first if I can, but if your rent is reasonable go for it. If you sell out and have to leave early then you'll know you need more next year. I'd rather sell out than have tons of product to load up and take back home.

Back