Favorite place to buy supplies?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luxurious bubbles

Reaction score
I have only ordered EOs/FOs from WSP. I liked them a lot.

I really need to find a good place to buy butters and oils too. What is your favorite place with reasonable places? I am paying too much at the health food store.

I tend to go with Brambleberry a lot, because I can get so much from them.

I've also bought from cranberry lane and once from that ..I think its called sage mountain?? something like that??

I also love my local co-op healthy food store for lots of great stuff. :)..and of course, my own herb garden.

Soaper's Choice/Columbus Foods has the best prices I've found, and Mike is wonderful. I've had great customer service from him.

Stacie

i bought a pound of refined shea butter for like 7-8 bucks from WSP, didn't think that was too bad.

soapers choice is highly recommended by many

I don't sell yet. So my orders are probably smaller than those that do. I order from the supplier that has the best shipping price and also good product price and has enough of what I want. If I have to order from 3-4 different vendors just to get a specialty item, I will probably decide I don't need that item all that bad. Like, I would love to try kokum butter, but I can't justify the shipping for just that one item. As I begin to sell, I will probably purchase from Columbus Foods for bulk orders.

Thanks everyone. I will check these all out when the little goes to bed. I just feel like I am missing some great places. If anyone has any others please keep them coming.

wsp has nice oils and butters..Shipping s kind of high..
Elementsbathandbody.com is anouther great place..She has awesome stuff and I just LOVE Tammy!!! Her shipping is very reasonable and she has refunded my shipping if I paid to much..HONESTY is HUGE thing with me!!!

Where are you located? If you don't want to disclose the exact city that's fine, just a ballpark area might help someone come up with some local-ish places for you. I love Camden-Grey but they're in S. Florida, not exactly ideal for someone living in Wisconsin.

Edited because I can't type. :D

TessV said:
Where are you located? If you don't want to disclose the exact city that's fine, just a ballpark area might help someone come up with some local-ish places for you. I love Camden-Grey but they're in S. Florida, not exactly ideal for someone living in Wisconsin.

Edited because I can't type. :D

I live in central Oklahoma if that helps. How awesome would that be to have somewhere local that didn't cost an arm and leg. I doubt it, but I've been wrong many times. :lol:

Good idea Tess! Thanks

I have mostly ordered from Brambleberry, but to my great disapointment, they have been going up on their prices. I compaired my last order between Brambleberry and WSP and even with shipping my order was cheaper with WSP. Sadly it takes me twice as long to get my order from WSP than Brambleberry. (I'm an impatient person! lol)

I really like WSP for my FO's and Eo's I am in Canada ,duty and brokerage is a killer . I make a large order from 1 or 2 places once in awhile , haven't been disappointed yet with WSP and free shipping is nice .

Kitn

For oils it is hard to do better than Columbus Foods / Soapers Choice. I'm not buying the 50# blocks yet but it's still a great deal. In fact I have an order due on my doorstep tomorrow.

For other items I tend to hold off until I have a good sized list... then I enter my order on several sites and see who has most of my items at the best price including shipping.

The top sites tend to be MMS, WSP, and Bitter Creek. They seem to have the best variety of products at the best overall prices. I also shop at Brambleberry and a few other places for specific items that are hard to find elsewhere... especially for FO's.

For Sodium Hydroxide I go to "The Lye Guy".

Buy my oils local since I do small batches for my own hobby. Get fo's and colorants from Brambleberry and WSP. Unfortunately with Brambleberry being on the opposite coast as me makes shipping a bit much.

i buy oils from "oils by nature" and columbus foods, fos from many places, peakcandles, natures garden, millcreek, sweetcakes, southern scents.
oils by nature has a sale on shea 5 lb for 17$, ive done it twice, hope it stays on sale, with ship. thats 5.50 a pound. I go with whatever place has the cheapest shipping for oils, super walmart has coconut and oo, so i go there, no shipping. wsp has fos for no shipping.

I buy WSP fo's because of the free shipping and speedy service and great products. I buy my bath bomb stuff at soap crafters. I buy my EO's locally at a health food store. I buy my oils at WalMart.

I wish I had all your choices! Many of those mentioned don't ship to Sweden and it wouldn't exactly be economic to ship pounds of oils that way either.

Latest posts

Back