Facial soap recipe?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I havent tried it yet but the basic idea is; Using vit d milk in place of water At 13.58 oz and 5.82oz lye. Oils will be 38oz lard, 2oz emu, 2oz jojoba oil.

Thoughts?

With that much lard, it's most likely going to be a pretty soft soap.

Honestly, if you're going for a facial soap recipe, I'd scrap the lard and go with vegetable oils and butters.

What kind of facial soap are you going for? One for dry skin? Aging skin? Oily skin?
For dry skin, I'd go with olive oil, shea butter, emu, apricot kernel, avocado oil, , castor oil, ground oats, activated charcoal, clays. Maybe infusing the oils with some herbs. I wouldn't use any coconut oil in a dry skin soap.

For oily skin, I'd go with higher percentages of coconut oil and other light oils.

But personally, jojoba and emu oil are so expensive that I'd save them for a leave on product, like lotion or a lotion bar.

Here's a link to a list of an oil non-comedogenic chart http://soapnuts.com/noncomo.html

I make all kinds of soap and when I make soap for my wife and step daughters I usually use the same ingredients since they really love what I make for them. It’s gentle and great face soap. I do an array of different scents, colors and make regular rectangular bars as well as some fancy stuff with the “fluffy tops” made famous by Lyn of this forum…My recipe is 45% OO, 22% PO, 21% Coconut O, and 12% Castor O…
If you want a yet another soap that boarders more on Castile which is even nicer for the face use more OO cutting back on the other oils.
I’m sure there are a lot of soapers on this forum that have yet other ideas, so you may want to make several batches and choose on that works best for you…
jerry :wink:

Latest posts

Back