Extruder help

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am really struģgling to find nice extruder discs in South Africa. Any possible diy solution?
This is kind of old, but if you are just trying to make the small disks they can be cut out of thin psi cutting boards. The large disks used in extruders similar to sausage makers I've used white plastic cutting boards that are about 3mm thick. I use a scroll saw to cut out the shapes. A 3d printer would give much more accurate shapes though.

This is kind of old, but if you are just trying to make the small disks they can be cut out of thin psi cutting boards. The large disks used in extruders similar to sausage makers I've used white plastic cutting boards that are about 3mm thick. I use a scroll saw to cut out the shapes. A 3d printer would give much more accurate shapes though.
Wow, very creative! I'll have to ask my husband if he might want to make some for me using his scroll saw. Thanks for the idea!

Thx Cindy,
Will definately give this a try

Thx Cindy,
Will definately give this a try
That (psi) is supposed to be the word plastic. You can use markers on the thin cutting board and see through it to draw on it.
The only issue I have is the white plastic you need to use pencil on. Things get distorted a bit, being traced on card stock and then cut, traced on cutting board and cut again with the scroll saw.

Back