Evaporated Goats Milk

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you have a sprouts they carry fresh goat's milk! They have it in a smaller and larger container in the alternative milk refrigerated section!

I made two batches of soap yesterday using evaporated goats milk using the split method. It worked beautifully. I didn’t avoid gel, in fact the batch with the purple and green got quite hot and developed a little crack before I got it to a cooler place. My question is is the evaporated milk more prone to being darker in the final soap than fresh milk in a carton? The second pic I colored the swirly part with some TD but the base color is un-colored. It’s quite dark. The first pic View attachment 45624View attachment 45625with the green and purple I used TD in the base color. I love the look of those soapers goats milk soap that’s nice and light and creamy colored but I know if I’m not going to avoid gel I probably won’t get close to that. I definitely don’t have any freezer room but I could make refrigerator room. But I understand even in the refrigerator you could get a partial gel which I definitely don’t want. I guess my question is is the evaporated milk the reason this looks so dark?
I think they are both beautiful

If you have a sprouts they carry fresh goat's milk! They have it in a smaller and larger container in the alternative milk refrigerated section!

I don’t think we have them here in NJ. I’ve never heard the name. There are a lot of cool stores we don’t have here Unfortunately. But we’ve got WaWa!!:D

Latest posts

Back