drum roll please

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

msidahocgirl

Reaction score
Ladies and Gents, I did it!
ok here's my first batch and recipe: Coconut Oil 6.1 oz, Olive Oil 10.1 oz, Palm Oil 1.1 oz, Lye 2.5 oz, water 5.7 and 0.6 of Cucumber Melon from Brambleberry and a dash of Hydrated Green Crome Oxide from Brambleberry. All fit perfectly in the silicone mold and cupcake tin.

DSCF8087.jpg

Looks like it went flawless!! I love that scent. I've never done cupcake soap before but I do find it intriguing :)

topping

Congratulations on your first batch! Are you planning on decorating the tops?

Hey Hazel,
Yes I am doing that tomorrow along with another batch now that I found the castor oil. I think I'm going to tint the frosting alot darker as well.

ok everyone...here's the finished pic, as I finally "frosted" this batch tonight. I also put glitter on top that I use when I do face painting as I know that its cosmetic grade ;) I get my glitter from Mirae at http://theclassyclown.com/STORE/Glitter.htm as 1/2 lb of it is only $24 for the pixie dust. And trust me when I say it looks good on everything lol

DSCF8112.jpg

Hi Hazel,

Actually no, the base was my first batch that had a lot of olive oil in it. So I added a tint of green. Then when I did the 'frosting' I realized quickly that it would take too much of my titanium white to make it white, so I added two shades of green till I got the look I wanted. It won't be ready till the end of March, when I get back from visiting NC, to test it out. Sigh...I also used the soaping101 recipe for the frosting which was different than I did for the base. I did also not melt the oils but rather mixed them with my blender till they were creamy before I added the lye. Has anyone else ever done that? The only con I found was waiting till the lye was cool, and I will admit I think it was still too much of a difference in temp....now I'm just wondering if it will come out....sigh

I'm sure it will be fine. I've made whipped soap before and I found it to be a very forgiving method...fortunately. :lol: This method is a little different (I melted the oils) but the cool lye and whipping is the same. You could get some Easter picks and stick them into the soap and they'd be really cute for Easter gifts.

Back