Drop Swirl - Proper pics with a real camera

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I put a phone pic in the 'Soapy things' thread, but I got my proper DSLR back this afternoon and took these:
IMG_2922.jpeg
IMG_2923.jpeg
IMG_2926.jpeg

@Marilyn Norgart - you asked how i did this. I shall try to explain...
After bringing the batch to emulsion I split off about a cup for each colour ( in this case - charcoal, hot pink mica and white mica) then coloured the remaining batter with a little bit of the same pink mica. I then got a jug and poured the three feature colours alternately down the side so each one poured into the centre of the other as you would for a spin swirl I guess, only in the jug, not into the mould:
Screen Shot 2019-03-03 at 8.13.31 PM.png

Keep alternating until all the colours are used up (save a little bit for the top)
Then, pour all the main coloured batter into the mould, and from a reasonable height ( the higher you go, the deeper the pour will be) pour the brighter colours along the length of the mould - keep pouring up and down along the length of the mould until all used. It will pretty much completely disappear into the main soap so you can hardly see it.
Lastly, use you little bits saved of the brighter colours to pour a few lines or drops along the top and swirl with the end of a kebab stick.

After bringing the batch to emulsion I split off about a cup for each colour ( in this case - charcoal, hot pink mica and white mica) then coloured the remaining batter with a little bit of the same pink mica. I then got a jug and poured the three feature colours alternately down the side so each one poured into the centre of the other as you would for a spin swirl I guess, only in the jug, not into the mould:
View attachment 37108
Keep alternating until all the colours are used up (save a little bit for the top)
Then, pour all the main coloured batter into the mould, and from a reasonable height ( the higher you go, the deeper the pour will be) pour the brighter colours along the length of the mould - keep pouring up and down along the length of the mould until all used. It will pretty much completely disappear into the main soap so you can hardly see it.
Lastly, use you little bits saved of the brighter colours to pour a few lines or drops along the top and swirl with the end of a kebab stick.

thanks Kiwi--I was trying to it by pouring lines so I will try it this way :)

View attachment 37108

thanks.. can I ask you what size mold you were using--feel like I gotta know as my molds don't use that much and if I used 3 cups I wouldn't have much left :)

As I said in the other thread, nicely done Ms. G.

And thanks for sharing the procedure, now I have another reason to give CP a shot lol

Latest posts

Back