Does milk need to be pasteurised?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sammiw

Reaction score
Hi

I have been make milk soap using pasteurised goats milk but am looking to switch to raw sheep’s milk in the spring does it need to be pasteurised or can I use it raw?

Hi

I have been make milk soap using pasteurised goats milk but am looking to switch to raw sheep’s milk in the spring does it need to be pasteurised or can I use it raw?

Does the UK have regulations that mandate the quality of or source consistency of your raw materials that go into making your soap? Perhaps if you make it only for yourself and your immediate family it won't matter, but if you sell (and give away??), it would be worth checking with your assessor, if you have one.

Does the UK have regulations that mandate the quality of or source consistency of your raw materials that go into making your soap? Perhaps if you make it only for yourself and your immediate family it won't matter, but if you sell (and give away??), it would be worth checking with your assessor, if you have one.

thank you I have been in contact with a company that does CPSR and they say I can use it either way.

Latest posts

Back