does everything w vanilla discolor?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ilovedoxies said:
pretty much every vanilla discolors

Brambleberry sells a vanilla color stabilizer and a non discoloring vanilla.

i though it was for mp only?

Bittercreek has a vanilla stabilizer for CP soap. Many of us have had it crystalize though, in the soap.

http://secure.candlesupply.com/catalog_ ... for%20soap)&recordno=1&Product_CatalogID=2931&ProductCodeID=49&ProductSubCodeID=330&NewProduct=0

BTW: I used it with Pink Sugar hoping to make a nice pink soap. But even without the browning - the FO itself is very yellow so instead I made a gritty orange soap...

honor, you were right about the stabilizer but the FO looks ok :

VANILLA, NON-DISCOLORING FRAGRANCE OIL
Vanilla, Non-Discoloring : After much searching, we proudly offer this Non-Discoloring Vanilla as an alternative to Vanillas that turn to brown or black. Whether you need just a sweet note in a blend, or want to make a white bar of Vanilla soap, this is the fragrance for you. While not as rich, buttery or realistic smelling as our other Vanillas (Vanilla Select) this Vanilla will do the trick when you need a non-discoloring Vanilla.

You'll be pleasantly surprised at its staying power in cold process soap. To see a photo of this fragrance in cold process soap, please click here

Back