does candle location matter for throw?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krissy

Reaction score
i have a candle that smells really good when you open the lid, but at my old house when i would light it, there was no throw. you could smell it in the room it was in a tiny bit but that was it.

i brought it to my new house and lit it in my back bathroom and within a few hours my entire house smelled like the candle. i used half of the candle at the old house and the other half at the new house. why did it smell great for the new one only?

well, could be different drafts (or now lack thereof), or could be that the ambient fragrance level in your old house was higher so you essentially had candle nose...

lol, i never thought that maybe it was the drafts! or the fact that i have 50 other scented things in my house at any given time. i think it is a combo of both since now my soap stuff is all stored downstairs in my soaping room and i have numerous ceiling fans going in the new house that i did not have in the old one. either way...i am glad i could smell the last half of that candle. it was cupcake scented and it was so warm and inviting...

Latest posts

Back