Do you 'Plan' for the year?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lin19687

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone actually does a 'Plan" for the whole year.

As in, you figure out what shows / FM's you will be doing - Have a calendar with it all on there - Have it all paid for and forms sent in in January ...... etc

I have to take out a few shows I did that were a bomb and focus on which ones woeked the best and ones that were least $ but got the best return.
For me it is mainly the FM's I need to figure. Going to try and only do 2 w/e's a month this year so I have a small break in between

Yes, I try to have all my shows decided and paid for by April. I no longer do farmer's markets as I work full time and decided I didn't want every weekend tied up. Plus all my big shows are on weekends. I've cut down to 5-6 per year. Last year I did 4 but that was due to other circumstances.

2018 Plan: do any/all shows possible.

2019 Plan: I know which shows I want to do, but don't know if they will actually be happening. I'll start reaching out in February/March after I've paid my business insurance, need to make sure I have enough money for that before I start spending it on shows :D

I was wondering if anyone actually does a 'Plan" for the whole year.

As in, you figure out what shows / FM's you will be doing - Have a calendar with it all on there - Have it all paid for and forms sent in in January ...... etc

I have to take out a few shows I did that were a bomb and focus on which ones woeked the best and ones that were least $ but got the best return.
For me it is mainly the FM's I need to figure. Going to try and only do 2 w/e's a month this year so I have a small break in between
Sure do. Most of my shows, you have to sign up for the next year before the end of the show or you will lose your spot.
If I am going to do new shows though, I try to plan as far in advance as I possibly can.

Most of the shows that I do, want the application sent in before the new year. Since they require a lot of inventory I am starting to make product for the first show in May so that when it gets to be spring, I will have time to devote to the garden and not to the soap business.

Latest posts

Back