DIY liquid dish soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jasues

Reaction score
Made liquid clothes soap with 20 mule team borax and A and H washing soda I have seen a liquid dishwashing soap using Octagon with the above. Went to 5 stores Walmart, Ace Hardware Price Cutter NO Octagon soap Color me cheap due to not wanting to pay $3.00 in shipping on Amazon for a $1.00 bar of soap Anyone have any substitutes for the Octagon

If you don't have your own soap to use, Zote is sometimes mentioned as an alternative to Octagon. It appears the ingredients in Zote are much friendlier than the ingredients in Octagon (which include Sodium Dodecylbenzene Sulfonate, Pentasodium Triphosphate and Crystalline Silica). Kirk's Castile is coconut oil and is so drying that I'm assuming there isn't much fat left in it, so it might work. Hope you have success. It's been almost 2 weeks since your post. Did you find something else?

BakingNana said:
I think they were inquiring about making dish soap. Did I misunderstand?

No you are correct I am looking to make liquid dish soap. I had 10 days off until Jan 2 2012 Have been nack to work and working 12 hour days Also please review my posttoday about coloring CP Thanks John

Back