DELIBERATE SEIZE...YES... REALLY

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sygrid

Reaction score
I seize some of my batches 'intentionally' to achieve this look. Those of you who know me, know, I won't give it up till I've figured out a way to do whatever the heck it is that's driving me this week. And this week, it's "Forcing a seize in order to use a fragrance that turns my batch to stone in 3 passes with the stick blender".....OR..as I like to view it....

"Yarding on a ducks neck till it's a swan"

I have a wonderful Butterscotch fragrance that I only use for lotions, bombs, melts...you know...all the things that 'don't' seize. Put it in cp soap and one or two stirs and it's a rock. Here's the batch I made this morning:

bakedapplecrumble3-1.jpg

I literally picked the soap up in my hands in one piece, that's how seized it is, cut it in half with a knife and put it into two loaf molds. Two large lumps.

You should smell it.....absolutely yummy and totally smooth and creamy.
So, I get to use ANY Fragrance oil, good or bad and I achieve colour mixes that look like this, which I really like. It is every bit as smooth as any cp bar in the store, except for the bottom which looks like apple crumble. I'm going to maybe make another two batches tomorrow and I'll try to get pics of the whole process if anyone would like to see them.

Thanx for looking,

Lorie

Interesting look!
Is there a way to know that no lye specks are left behind? I've used liquid lecithin in the past for FO's that seize with fairly good luck. I add the lecithing and the FO to my cooled off oils before I add the lye water.

sygrid said:
what temps are you soaping at? Does the lethicin keep the batch from heating up? Is that how it works?
I soap at around 110. The lecithin slows the trace. If your FO normally heats up, it will still heat up. I have no idea how it all works, but for me it works. :)

Great, thanx for the tip Soapbuddy.

Tomorrow I'm going to make 'Rose' soap. The fragrance oil is the worst I've ever used :D The supplier listed it as good for cp but when I tried it I was so disappointed that it sat in my cupboard for months. I used it for bombs and mp. I'll try and get some more pics tomorrow.

wow thats so crazy, but I like how it turned out!! I would be afraid i didn't incorporate everything if it siezed that fast!!!

It's fantastic to read you do this intentionally Lorie. :D

I made my second batch of CP soap today and it seized. I wasn't happy, but still mixed in the EO's and with some difficulty spooned it into a couple of moulds.

It's all wrapped up now ... and I'm hoping that it will be ok. I'm yet to test it's ph ... but I really don't want to throw it out and I don't understand the 'rebatching(?)' stuff yet.

Back