Customer reaction to LAAARD !!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm in Alabama. I know some vegetarians (no vegans, though). But I know of no restaurants that specialize in vegetarian or vegan food. Even the local healthfood stores, if they sell food, have food with meat and/or cheese. Though for all I know, there could be a huge vegan community and they're all just eating at home!

There used to be a couple in the Pensacola area and I believe there are several in Destin/Fort Walton area. Everman food store in Pensacola has a good selection, including soap.
Could a tax deductible sales trip and beach visit be in the works? :lol: http://www.everman.org/departments/grocery/ More and more restaurants offer vegetarian selections but the one restaurant I went to a couple of times that was strictly vegan has closed. Not my cup of tea, but gave it a shot.
Alabama is purty state. I like it!

Because my curiosity got the best of me... And I had to decide which way I was going to label my soaps I looked it up finally. Inci name Sodium lardate = CAS Number:68605-06-1
I'm not sure whether to laugh at this one or not!

Everything but the squeal is used and they're probably working on that.

http://aquinn.co.uk/wordpress/?p=274
" In Aliens (1986) pig squeals are used as a large component of the Aliens vocals...In Backdraft Gary Rydstrom used pigs and other animal vocals including snakes and lions to give the fire a character and to make it sound more aggressive"

Because my curiosity got the best of me... And I had to decide which way I was going to label my soaps I looked it up finally. Inci name Sodium lardate = CAS Number:68605-06-1
I'm not sure whether to laugh at this one or not!

Yes, it is sodium lardate. I find that some of the inci names for saponified ingredients make me want to giggle, like sodium cocoa butterate, for example. I don't know why, but I find that one to be quite giggle-worthy (not to mention a mouthful!). lol

IrishLass :)

The only thing better than bacon is more bacon.

Don't know where you're located but I pick up a big bucket of Armour lard at WalMart and sometimes order lard from Soapers Choice.

This lard thread is going to have me buying a couple of cans of Spam before it's over. Yummy. Thin sliced, fried crisp in lard, put on fresh white Bunny bread with mustard. :thumbup:

Poor "Crunchies".........never had a bite of delicious heavenly SPAM!!!

Yes, it is sodium lardate. I find that some of the inci names for saponified ingredients make me want to giggle, like sodium cocoa butterate, for example. I don't know why, but I find that one to be quite giggle-worthy (not to mention a mouthful!). lol

IrishLass :)

Irishlass, if you say it real fast it sounds like "sodee cocoa butter butt"! hahahaha :p

Manteca??? Isn't that the brand name of the supplier??

No, manteca is the Spanish word for lard.

I don't sell soap, I just give them away to family and friends. My sister works at a grocery store so I asked her to get me lard after work. She told me that her coworker asked why she was buying lard, and she said that her sister makes soap with it. Her coworker made a "Kitten Love" face but then said that she would like to try my soap. Living in SoCal, I am honestly shocked that people are willing to use lard soap. None of my friends or family mind.

Latest posts

Back