CPOP

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bubbles1970

Reaction score
hello,
can i get some info on cold process oven process soap making? What are the advantages and how it is done?

thank you

CPOP is kind of like a hybrid between hot and cold process. Make your normal CP soap. Throw it in the oven and you bake it at a low temp for 1-2 hours. However, you must make sure that your mold can withstand the heat .. you don't want to start a fire. Leave it in the oven over night (built in insulation). I use it to force gel which makes for a more consistent color. You have to be careful about the flashpoints of your fragrances ... I generally go between 180F but depending on the fragrance I sometime go lower. I do not use CPOP for any type of dairy soaps (coconut milk, GM, yogurt, etc).

It is ready to use as soon as it cools and you cut it .. BUT it still needs a cure to get nice and hard. I've found that it shortens my cure time by a few days, but nothing major (it's not like it cuts your cure time in half). I can't remember where I heard it, but I've heard that the higher the temp at which you cook the harder your bars get .. and faster .. I don't know if it's true .. I can't vouch for it as I only use CPOP to force gel to make sure I get a nice consistent color.

Thanks for the info

what kind of molds do you use? I suppose not plastic? Is pvc pipe acceptable since it is so thick or does it not work in an oven?

thanks again

Wooden molds w/heavy duty silicone liner .. Paul aka soapmakerman sells wonderfully high quality affordable molds on his etsy website ... when just type in tog to the etsy search.

Latest posts

Back