cpop mistake...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I know where I went wrong on this simply because I had a bit left over that I poured into small molds and did not cpop them. It is setting up fine so unfortunately I cannot blame the goats milk, FO or the recipe.

What I did wrong was turn my oven to 170 degrees to preheat, then turn it off and put the soap in. I then opened it because I forgot to add the glitter on top and took it out (leaving oven door open) so of course it cooled off too much. I turned the oven back on and its a digital oven so when I did that it automatically was set at 350 degrees.

I realized it about 15 minutes later and checked the soap and sure enough major separation. In fact big pools of it. So since it was still liquid I threw it into a pan on the stove, heated it up and stick blended it for about 5 minutes.

It came together beautifully, and thicker too but was not exactly as thick as a HP soap, but still pretty thick like greek yogurt so I poured it back into the log mold. Was that OK? What should I do next time? Not that I ever want there to be a next time, but you never know!

Edit: It is awfully soft after 4 hours but not separating.

Last edited:
I'd say wait until tomorrow, unmold it when it's solid enough and do a zap test. If you don't see any lye pockets, a lot of separation or get zapped, I'd say let it cure and then just use it for personal use. It's quasi-rebatched so I doubt it'll be as purdy as it would've, which is fine, but the separation alone would make me reconsider giving it to others to use. Good luck!

It should be fine, I've done that a few times though I don't CPOP, it just started separating like a mofo in the mold so I dumped it into a pot and heated it up and stickblended it then plopped it into the mold. It was butt ugly but it was usable. Just zap test it and you should be okay.

Latest posts

Back