CP with MP layers q

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoapyQueenBee

Reaction score
I was asked to do some gift bag soaps for a BCA golf tournament and auction early next year, and got a really cute idea in my noggin yesterday. I made my standard cp recipe, and two thin layer pieces of mp, with the plan to do a full-mold layer soap, and add some pink ribbon accents on top.
I unmolded this morning, and it's firm but the bottom definitely needs a bit more time before I cut. My question: if the layers don't stay together properly, for whatever reason, is there a simple remedy for recementing(yeah, odd analogy term) them, or will I likely need to rebatch or try again? So far, everything looks fine, but I like to be prepared for
anything, beforehand. I know how to fix M&P layers, but this is my first attempt combining cp with mp, so my mind has been full of 'what if?' scenarios. :)
ImageUploadedBySoap Making1410809458.961753.jpg

Thank you. :) I still need to clean up the tops quite a bit, stamp and 'wash' them when they're dry a few days. I really hope the layers play nice and stay together!

The ribbon mold:
Cybrtrayd m210 candy mold on amazon. $5 free ship w/prime acct.
12 cavities, .3 oz cavity capacity, petg plastic.

I love it, even though I have to cut the top loop part out myself, but they're quite small, so will only be useable for tops and imbeds. That's what I get for not fully reading the description and focusing on reviews! Lol

Back