CP bar into liquid shampoo??

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bukawww

Reaction score
I am still new to soaping but wondered if I could just shred my CP soap into a bottle with water and then rinse with citric acid?

There is this whole 'no-poo'ing community which calls for using apple cider vinegar as the citric acid choice. I would LOVE a simple liquid alternative (plus hubby won't even try the bar soap in his hair :p )....just wondered about the thoughts of some BTDTers :D

Ive seen/heard people do it and have alot of success... I think the rinse is def. neccessary though as cp soap tends to leave a sort of 'film' on your hair....

Im a dude and im not picky so I usually just rub the bar on my head to get a nice lather and its good to go... I dont even use a rinse... I feel like it makes it easier to style my hair without gel too :)

so for me its like hitting two birds with one stone :)

ive seen people make liquid hand soap like that too... just kinda heat it up and add water...itll be kinda jelly like...not really as runny as regular shampoo...for that you need to use KOH to make a nice liquid soap... its a little different than NaOH and I have nooooo experience with KOH yet but I have always wanted to try! :)

just my 2 cents

My experience tells me that melting CP soap into liquid soap is a bad idea. You are going to get a very slimy liquid soap. If you want liquid soap KOH is the way to go.

Just my 2 cents worth.

agreed

and apple cider is not citric acid, it's acetic. both do the same thing for hair - just clarifying because I'm picky about that kind of thing

Bukawww said:
I am still new to soaping but wondered if I could just shred my CP soap into a bottle with water and then rinse with citric acid?

Theres a thread somewhere here where people are doing that very thing.Heating grated cp,H2O,then adding pectin to thicken. Think its headed liquid soap something or other. Try searching shampoo.You'll know the thread when you find it-its about 8 pages long. :)

Latest posts

Back