Cornflower Petals in CP?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

topcat

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I am planning on sprinkling dried blue cornflower petals on top of a soap batch and wondered how they would go being mixed into the soap batter as well?

Does anyone know whether they hold their lovely blue colour? Or do they turn brown like many other botanicals? I know calendula petals stay true to colour and would so love pretty blue petal speckles in my cut soap :wink:

Tanya :)

i've just gotten in some cornflower petals and i'm going to try it in soap soon. i'll be slammed with work for the next few days, but i'll try to get some made by friday. :)

in the mean time, i'll watch this thread.

;)

and, if it stays pretty, i'll be using it in my "shadows and silence" soap. :)

Hi wonderland!

If no one knows then I will just do it and report back to you. I am pretty sure by the time I cut the batch I will know what the petals are doing :wink:

I haven't tried them in HP - but when I was working through a list of botanicals in MP to find out which would retain their colour I found that cornflower petals were very pretty to begin with - but faded after a couple of days.

Quite a few flowers seem to behave the same in CP, HP or MP.

Hi! I JUST foined this forum, and the first post I looked at was this one about cornflower petals in CP soap. And since I have tried them, I couldn't resist posting. The beautiful blue cornflower petals turned yellow/orange. Not too ugly, but not what I wanted. If I want orange, I use calendula blossoms, which retain their color.

BUT!!! One time I made some soap balls using cured bars of soap which I then grated, mixed in cornflower petals, and then formed into balls, and that turned out lovely. No fading, even months later. Good luck

Thanks Briallen and Nettles! That is good to know and what I suspected....I too make MP as well as CP and the next thing I was going to try was putting them in an MP soap, so I appreciate the information :wink:

Re-batching is definitely the way to go then if I want to include pretty botanicals to retain their colour.

Thanks again!

Latest posts

Back