Palm Free Herbal Eucalyptus CP

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zany_in_CO

Saponifier
Reaction score
This CP recipe from Tanya of Lovely Greens produces a lovely blue to green (speckled with crushed eucalyptus leaves) palm free soap.
If you don't already do so, it's always a good practice to run a recipe through SoapCalc (or whatever you use) before starting. Use the printout to make notes and keep track of how the soap cures and performs over time. ;) :thumbs:

https://lovelygreens.com/herbal-euc...ito_repelling_soap&utm_term=2023-05-20#recipe
If you try it, be sure to post results for all to enjoy.

HAPPY SOAPING! :tub:

I tried, it was one of my firsts. My “crushed” leaves were too big, so uncomfortably scratchy, the scent faded fairly quickly, and I started getting DOS, I think related to the leaves which may not have been dried enough. It was all right as soap, but maybe I’ll wait to hear others’ experience before trying again.

IMG_7643.jpeg

Thanks.gif
Thanks for sharing!

It looks quite lovely to me. I love the look of herbal soaps.

My “crushed” leaves were too big, so uncomfortably scratchy,
YES! I experienced the same thing when I first added herbs and spices to my soaps. So I switched to infusing them in olive oil and strained them out while adding to the batch. I "powdered" some of the herb/spice with a mortar and pestle, then sprinkled in a smidgen, just for the look.
the scent faded fairly quickly, and I started getting DOS,
No worries...The scent will come back when you start using it after the 6-week cure. :thumbs:
I'm so sorry. I have no idea how to prevent DOS. I've never experienced that problem. Others may have an answer. ???
Cure the bars in a cool place away from sunlight. It is just an esthetic issue. You can still enjoy using the soap. It will get better the longer it cures. 😁
HAPPY SOAPING! and keep up the good work! :computerbath:

Nothing seemed amiss when I ran the recipe through SoapCalc.

Attachments

• Tanya's Eucalyptus CP.pdf
    56.6 KB · Views: 0
Back