columbus foods/base oils

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

honor435

Reaction score
someone rec. this to me, they do have good prices, shipping is only 7 for a 7lb container, i think i paid 10$ at brambleberry. Thanks to whoever told me about this place.

I buy my shea & my M&P soap base from them. I rarely buy oils, but I have purchased specialty oils from them as well. They rock!

When you order from them check to find the break point for shipping more than one item, I got 4 gallon bottles (7lbs each). The shipping was 12.31 and that was the price for 2 and 3 bottles also. After 4 bottles the shipping increased. So if you can order more the shipping is better. The prices there are very good and shipping is fast.

silly question ... scrolling down the columbus foods page, I see a "pail opener" - is this necessary to open their pails, or can you pry them open yourself?

you CAN do it yourself with a screwdriver and some swear words but the pail opener is easier.

either way you will also want a big knife or rug cutter to cut through the slits on the lid. and when you go to home depot to get the rug knife you can probably pick up a pail opener there for less.

Latest posts

Back