Color Run

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cherry Bomb

Reaction score
So today I participated in my first 5K ever!!!!! I highly suggest that anyone who can participate in this should! It doesn't matter your activity level. You can walk or run!!! Total blast!!!!!! I don't know why it posted my pic sideways!!!! Lol

image.jpg

Last edited:
Congratulations! Did you apply the colors or did you get splatted with colors along the run? Was it a charity event? Looks like you had a blast.

I am glad you had such a good time! I went to a friends place and help clean out a goat barn. All and all, for the dirty job we were doing, I had a good time. It was nice to hang out with friends and help them out. Not the same as a 5k race, but it was nice to get out, and I had a great excuse to go home and use some soap!! ;-)

Congratulations! Did you apply the colors or did you get splatted with colors along the run? Was it a charity event? Looks like you had a blast.

It is a 3.1 mile run/walk and every 1/2 mile they have a color marker. Each station is a different color and they have loud music playing and volunteers that stand on the side and middle of the track and the spray you with the colored corn starch. They don't care where they aim! Lol I got splattered in the eye with yellow cornstarch. In your swag bag they give you a color packet that you open and throw at the finish line. They do sponsor charities and chraities that work with them but I am not sure about the one I ran today. It was a blast and everyone was so friendly and happy!

I am glad you had such a good time! I went to a friends place and help clean out a goat barn. All and all, for the dirty job we were doing, I had a good time. It was nice to hang out with friends and help them out. Not the same as a 5k race, but it was nice to get out, and I had a great excuse to go home and use some soap!! ;-)

Badger, that does sound productive! Cleaning out a goat barn may mean free goats milk!!! That's a total plus!!!! I like working with fun people! It's always nice to hang out with fun people. I like helping people. You probably worked just as hard as I ran!!!! I love getting out of the house and making any excuse to use my soap!!!!!

I used to be able to run. I used to run cross country in high school. I could run three miles in 20 minutes and even did 18 minutes once. Now I get shin splints any time I try to run :-( Getting old is no fun at times...

I used to be able to run. I used to run cross country in high school. I could run three miles in 20 minutes and even did 18 minutes once. Now I get shin splints any time I try to run :-( Getting old is no fun at times...

This is the first 5K I have EVER ran! I even had a designated runner in fast pitch softball! Lol I was pitcher so my excuse was I needed to keep my arm warm. So this was a new thing for me!!! I hate shin splints. They totally sit k! You're not old! You are as young as you feel! So feel young!!! :)

If you are as old as you feel, then I am ancient on some days, lol! I am really glad you had so much fun and are encouraging other people to do it as well :)

Thanks for posting about this. I signed up for the Run or Dye in Los Angeles in July. I got a great deal from a Groupon so it was only $20 but I was a little skeptical because of the price. I am glad to hear it was a lot of fun.

Thanks for posting about this. I signed up for the Run or Dye in Los Angeles in July. I got a great deal from a Groupon so it was only $20 but I was a little skeptical because of the price. I am glad to hear it was a lot of fun.

Run or Dye is very similar to The Color Run and you will really enjoy it!!! That's a great price. I paid $35 for The Color Run and sometimes some entry fees can be high as $50 for other 5Ks. You got a great deal!!!! I love Groupon!!! Thank you and you are very welcome :)

Also, if you wear contacts either run with sunglasses, goggles, or something to protect your eyes. Even though it is only cornstarch it's still annoying in your eyes. The volunteers spay everywhere! I got hit with yellow right in my eye and all over my face! If you have blonde hair, pink will be your enemy! Wear a bandana or a hat!!!! I have dark hair and the color washed out just fine. Finally, wear a bandana around your neck or carry one to use when you run through the color stations to cover your mouth and nose. It's so gritty on your teeth and I was having colored allergy issues all day! Let's just say I had colorful nose gunk (not to be nasty). :)

Last edited:
Back