Color of soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dreams

Reaction score
Good day to all..I made batch 4&5.with same ingredients the only difference between both is one has cocoa powder, sugar and soaped at about 135ish and the other was a higher temp. What would make such a color difference? Thank you..

Attachments

• IMG_20210312_132052196.jpg
    IMG_20210312_132052196.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 49
Can't answer your question, but you're soaping at way too high temp. Oils and lye should be at max 110 degrees. You can go lower than that, room temp as an example.

Last edited:
If your soap gets hot enough it will go through a gell phase and that can change the color of your soap.

If your soap gets hot enough it will go through a gell phase and that can change the color of your soap.
Thank you,was also thinking that but this has mr so confused

Nothing to add here except I want to eat that.
Thank you.My daughter thought fudge bars and told me to freeze her some till visits

Last edited:
I agree! I think you are soaping too hot. I stay between 80-90°. If you want to make your colors more vibrant, then pop it in the oven at 170°F for a couple hours then turn off the oven and turn on the light until the next day. I hope this helps. No one soaps exactly the same but this has been successful for me. Love You Chocolate Fudge Soap!

Latest posts

Back