Swirls with 2 different soap recipes

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was wondering, is it possible to make soap swirls instead of using different colors, using different batches made with different proportions of oils/lye?

Like could I do a swirl with half the batter made with olive oil soap (yellow) and half with coconut (white)? Or like a standard trinity recipe (OO, PO, CO) and swirl it with 50/50 Shea and cocoa at higher superfat?

I have this commercial Hawaiian sunscreen which does this, and not only are the swirls cute, they give you both moisturizing effect and sun-blocking; I was hoping for something similar with soap 😊

I don't see why you couldn't. Look up "ghost swirl" and you'll see examples of soaps using different amounts of water, so it should be possible. I would think you would want both your batters to make soap with approximately the same hardness, though.

I don't see why you couldn't. Look up "ghost swirl" and you'll see examples of soaps using different amounts of water, so it should be possible. I would think you would want both your batters to make soap with approximately the same hardness, though.
Ghost swirls are so cool! Thanks for letting me know!

Back