Coconut Wax

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wax Munky, and everbody else here. I am going to try this, I shoud be getting my coconut wax tomorrow. Wish me luck. So I'm going to use a smaller container with no dye or FO, let it get a full melt pool(I use CD wicks what do ya think). Then add my dye for the next burn, get a full melt pool :p then ad FO and do it again. Hey can I follow instruction :lol: :lol:

Linda
It's snowing like a big dog here in Colorado :twisted: :twisted:

kittywings said:
holly99 said:
Now scent info from personal experience would be nice.

Exactly! I guess I'm destined not to get an answer though, because no matter where I ask the question, no one ever answers! 😢

I knew what you were after Kitty. 😉 I am still very interested. Coconut wax intrigues me much more than soy.

soygirl said:
Wax Munky, and everbody else here. I am going to try this, I shoud be getting my coconut wax tomorrow. Wish me luck. So I'm going to use a smaller container with no dye or FO, let it get a full melt pool(I use CD wicks what do ya think). Then add my dye for the next burn, get a full melt pool :p then ad FO and do it again. Hey can I follow instruction :lol: :lol:

Linda
It's snowing like a big dog here in Colorado :twisted: :twisted:

Cool! Sounds fun....so does the snow!

Last edited by a moderator:
holly99 said:
kittywings said:
holly99 said:

Exactly! I guess I'm destined not to get an answer though, because no matter where I ask the question, no one ever answers! :cry:

I knew what you were after Kitty. :wink: I am still very interested. Coconut wax intrigues me much more than soy.

Me too!

I'm glad you understood me!

kittywings said:
holly99 said:

Exactly! I guess I'm destined not to get an answer though, because no matter where I ask the question, no one ever answers! :cry:
well don't take it too personally - not ignoring you, but most of us don't post simply to say we don't know... yanno?

MoonlightEternal said:
I hope no one jumps on me for this, but what about scent? As far as I saw, no one mentioned that. Munkey's post specifically said burn it without fragrance. Does that mean it can't take fragrance? And I'd also like to hear any drawbacks.

I found this interesting: This candle is made out of organic coconut wax. Coconut wax is made by taking warm organic coconut oil and cooling it very slowly. Coconut oil is a very complex fat, containing several different fatty acids. The fatty acids with higher melting points solidify first---at just the right moment of cooling, they separate the solid fatty acids from the liquid. This is called fractionating. It's a physical separation and no chemicals are used in this process. These harder fatty acids is the coconut wax we use in these awesome candles.

http://www.bubbleandbee.com/servlet/the ... dle/Detail

No chemicals?!?!?! NOW THAT SOUNDS LIKE A WAX FOR ME!!!

Im going to have to try this one once I delve into making candles!

Soy--- Let us know how it goes I am very interested to see your results! :)

This is veeeery interesting :)

carebear said:
kittywings said:
holly99 said:

well don't take it too personally - not ignoring you, but most of us don't post simply to say we don't know... yanno?

Oh, it wasn't you I was referring to, Carebear. ;)

I will let you all know how it goes. Pobably this weekend.

Let's make candles, :D

Soygirl

Hey maybe I'll change my name to "Coconut MaMa" :lol: :lol:

Hi all,

Love this coconut wax, but I'm still working on wicking. Put htp 105 in 3" status jar, no way. Now I have 2 htp 83's is doing better burning 6 hrs now. Is that too long?

Started with cd's, one cd22, no way. They told me at the supplier to use htp so that's where I'm at. Any Ideas?

Soygirl

Latest posts

Back