Coconut or Pina Colada FO??

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shawnswife

Reaction score
Hi! I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good coconut or Pina Colada fragrance oil? I want to do a fresh oceany themed soap, and I think coconut would be a great fragrance to use! Thanks!

Unfortunately, coconut is probably the most elusive scent to capture, at least with CP. I don't like coconut much myself so I haven't bothered trying to HP any either. It was all I could to do stomach making the tarts LOL But with CP (and possibly all soap in general), coconut morphs into something different or disappears all together. Now, I know new12soap has made lotion out of Peak's Coconut Milk FO and it sticks like a fresh booger on a clean shirt (I have two 2 year olds, can you tell? LOL) even after 3-4 hours with loading the dishwasher and washing pots & pans by hand, I could still smell it. I don't know how it will do in soap though.

FWIW, I like Aztec's Cacao Colada ( www.candlemaking.com ) well enough.

I will say, don't get the Creamy Coconut from Bulk Apothecary...unless you are looking for something that smells like pineapple, lol. That said, I actually really like the scent even though its not remotely coconut-y, and it did not accelerate though my salt bars are yellowish so that may have been discoloration.

I took the liberty of moving your thread here where I thought you might get more responses.

I also like Peak Candle's Coconut Milk. Camden Grey's is a close second, believe it or not. If you want tropical fruity, try Candle Science's Jamaica Me Crazy - it's mostly pineapple and coconut - my kids love this one.

I concur...tried a few coconut scents, but peaks is the best I've found, and it does stick well in cp too.

The best coconut FO I've ever tried is from Sweetcakes. Also, if you add a dash of pineapple FO [they also sell it] it should be what you're looking for. However, I have to state that it works beautifully in melt and pour soap--the combined FO's are quite true.

Back