coconut oil

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes I am in the USA !
South Florida
Maybe I can get all my oils over there at Walmart then :D I was hoping not to have to order it and pay all that shipping
Thanks for the reply !

Most grocery stores carry coconut oil in the regular oil section. Personally, I order it through Amazon because my hubs mistakenly signed up for an entire year of Prime, and so we get free 2 day shipping. This is the brand I have been ordering for several months for baking and lip balm/lotion bars: http://www.amazon.com/Natures-Way-Organ ... oconut+oil

Last edited by a moderator:
Coconut oil is a great moisturizer :lol: you get hooked on it for all sorts of things! Deep conditioner, plain old lotion for the skin...I have friends that use it for diaper rash and cradle cap for their babies...good stuff to have.

I find it is cheaper to buy from Soaper's Choice and pay the shipping. But Lou Anna from Walmart (around $3-3.50/lb) will do in a pinch. The Spectrum stuff at Whole Foods is very expensive.

Goldsmith said:
Yes I am in the USA !
South Florida
Maybe I can get all my oils over there at Walmart then :D I was hoping not to have to order it and pay all that shipping
Thanks for the reply !

I'm also in FL (Tampa) and WalMart has the LouAna brand for $5.87 for 32 oz. It's cheaper to order online, and some suppliers have Free Shipping (WSP). I use the LouAna brand in a pinch and it soaps just fine. I use the Sam's Club Daily Chef brand Pure Olive Oil (not EVOO) $10.88 for 3 liters if I'm not ready to place an online order. I have used the Spectrum Organic Palm Shortening (because it's sustainable) from Nutrition S'mart (most health food stores here carry it) when I'm jonesin' for soapin' and can't wait a week for my order (Soaper's Choice)...but it's way overpriced at about $7 for 24oz. You can get Castor Oil at WalMart or most health food stores. A pure Cocoa Butter or Shea Butter is hard to find, even in a health food store, and when you do, it's about $7 for 2oz. And forget about buying Essential Oils in one of those stores! You'd be better off going "unscented" :shock:

So here's my "Two Cents" (more like $1 with shipping)...with the ridiculous prices charged for small quantities at most local retail outlets, you are better off economically and quality wise with ordering from an online retailer/wholesaler, like Soapers Choice or WSP. I find Brambleberry to be more expensive (plus the shipping from WA to FL!), but they're quality is excellent.

If you live near an H-Mart, I found pomace olive oil for $13.99 for 101 ounces. I normally buy Walmart's Coconut oil but I really want to start ordering bulk.

I know that 7 lbs of castor oil I got from SC is going to last me a long, long, time. But hey, when I need it for my soaping recipes, I have it. Buying bulk and paying the shipping is really the way to go, because once you do the math, you will see that you are paying way to much locally.

Back