Cocoa Powderin Melt and Pour?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeeDee

Reaction score
Hi! I need a brown color. I tried mixing some of my liquid colors and it didn't work. I then thought what if I add just one little drop of my brown candle dye to the color I had going,,,holy cow was that a mistake! I think I got what people call seizing in CP.

Anyways, can I use hersheys cocoa powder? Maybe mix with a little base off to the side, then add it into the whole base after?
Thank you!

I can not get it too mix in well, it clumps up.

You can use non toxic crayon slivers. Now, before everyone jumps in & cries foul, I would never add crayon to bar of soap I planned to sell. Crayons do not meet FDA standards for colorants, however, your legg will not fall off if you decide to make it for your own personal entertainment.

I have used cocoa to make chocolate soaps, and put in 1/4 cup to 1 lb. soap - they came out very dark at that ratio and the smell was extreme - like brownies - and I didn't have trouble mixing it in or clumping, but I eliminated dry clumps before hand. I would think in smaller quantities you might get away with it for a colorant, but you stlil might have to deal with the odor.

Just add a tablespoon or two in a ziploc bag, pour 1/2 cup of soap, close bag and squish away! Very easy and best of all no mess.

Ah! I wish mine smelled like brownies after using it, lol. I used a maple oats and honey FO and it is very strong, I kind of hope it mellows out some. The cocoa worked perfect for color though.
Thank you!

Latest posts

Back