cocoa butter expiration

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

avalee

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I am very eager to get back to soaping. I am hoping to get the time to do it tonight. It has been a loooong time and I just went down to the basement and grabbed my unrefined cocoa butter. It smells great, but the expiration date on it was 6/11/2008. I am devistated! I really had my hopes set on making some cocoa butter soap and really hate the idea of throwing it all away..... what a waste.
~anyone ever soaped with expired butters? If so, what was your result?
TIA

Bummer , is the soap just for you to use , if it smells okay I would try a small batch for personal use .

Kitn

cocoa butter is very stable. unless it went through a lot of major temperature shifts then it's probably fine for now and for another year or two...

Thank you both for the responses. Kitn, it is just for personal use. It smelled and looked fine, so I decided to give it a whirl. I soaped Lovespell with it and it behaved as usual. I am so happy to be soaping!! Thanks for answering my question again, Carebear. :)

Latest posts

Back